Atlas 10002776 EMD SD35 - CR - Conrail #6012 - DCC & Sound (Scale=HO) Part#150-10002776
Between 1964 and 1966, EMD built a total of 360 six-axle 2,500hp SD35 locomotives. An additional 35 steam generator-equipped SDP35 locomotives were also built during this period. These were all part of EMD’s “35-Series” which also featured the four-axle, 2,500hp GP35 locomotive. All locomotives included the standard EMD 567-series prime mover. A stock model weighed 360,000 pounds, but many roads chose to add weight to increase the locomotive’s tractive effort. From the mid-1960s through the 1980s, the SD-35 could be found in road service on both large and mid-sized roads across the US. Today the number of active units has dwindled to a select few, including those operated by regional railroad Montana Rail Link.
Atlas’ model incorporates many of the subtle details that differentiated the various SD-35 production phases. This includes the detail of the engine air intake, dust bin, radiator screens, radiator fans, fuel tanks and battery boxes. Other options include a low vs. high nose, and a low nose with our without a standard-style headlight.
- Realistic die-cast underframe
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Golden-white LEDs
- Directional lighting
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Detailed cab interior with crew
- Separately-installed scale windshield wipers, metal grab irons and fine scale handrails
- Marker lights with separate lenses
- Scale fans and grille detail
- Flat dust bin or raised dust bin as appropriate by railroad
- Snowplow (included but not installed)
DCC Operation Features:
- Supports all DCC-programming modes • Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of six DCC function outputs are available
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Analog (DC) Operation Features:
The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series locomotive to be used on DC
as well as on DCC layouts.
Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series locomotive equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout. However, the sound and lighting functions of the LokSound Select decoder in the locomotive can be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not also have both DCC and sound. (This statement does NOT apply to DCC-equipped locomotives operating on a DCC layout.)
ESU Sound Functionality Features:
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.