ATLAS 20004894 70 Ton Open Hopper CV Central Vermont #4492 (SCALE=HO) Part # 150-20004894
This familiar hopper was an industry standard on many railroads since the 1930’s. It was adopted by the AAR as a recommended design, but fell out of favor by the mid-1950s. While offering greater capacity over cars with conventional flat sides, the original open hoppers created corrosive interaction between acidic coal and the car’s joints, leading to costly rebuilding programs.
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Weighted, detailed underframes
- Equipped with AccuMate® Knuckle Couplers
- Trucks equipped with free-rolling metal wheels
- Accurate painting and lettering
- Removable coal load
AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.