ATLAS 40003587 / Union Pacific #2902 (Armour Yellow, gray, red) ALCO UP C-630 - LokSound & DCC - Master(R) Gold -- Atlas Model Railroad Co. - (SCALE=N) Part # 150-40003587
Primarily used for heavy-haul road freight service throughout the US, the C-628 generated a total of 2,750 hp, and was part of the American Locomotive Company’s (ALCO) Century Locomotive Line. A total of 185 units were built by ALCO for railroads in the US, Mexico and Australia between 1963 and 1968.
During 1965 Alco started producing the 3,000 hp. Century 630 Locomotive. It was produced concurrently with the 2,800 hp. C-628, but it incorporated an advanced GE a.c. traction alternator which provided the extra 200 hp. The most distinctive spotting feature of the C-630 is the large aftercooler radiator housing which extends above the roofline (the aftercooler radiators enhanced the performance of the locomotive while operating under a heavy load). The C-630 also featured a modified cab which offered more interior space for the crew. Through the end of production in the late 1960s, a total of 133 units were produced for railroads in the US and Canada.
- Golden-white LED
- Painted safety rails
- Directional lighting
- Blackened metal wheels
- Scale Speed™ motor
- Factory-installed AccuMate® magnetic knuckle couplers
- Atlas Master® Silver version is Sound Ready and equipped with speaker for easy conversion to DCC sound
- Atlas Master® Gold version features ESU LokSound Decoder
DCC Operation Features GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY)
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- DCC includes RailCom and RailComPlus, with 14, 28 or 128 speed steps and with 2-digit and 4-digit addressing.
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of 6 DCC function outputs are available, and all can be function mapped (disable, brightness, light effects) individually
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Sound Functionality Features (GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY):
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are up to 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.