ATLAS 40003734 / EMD SD35 Low Nose - LokSound & DCC - Master(R) Gold -- PennCentral # 6014 (black, white, red P Logo) Atlas Model Railroad Co. - (SCALE=N) Part # 750-40003734
Between 1964 and 1966, EMD built a total of 360 six-axle 2,500hp SD35 locomotives. An additional 35 steam generator-equipped SDP35 locomotives were also built during this period. These were all part of EMD’s “35-Series” which also featured the four-axle, 2,250hp GP35 locomotive. All locomotives included the standard EMD 567-series prime mover. A stock model weighed 360,000 pounds, but many roads chose to add weight to increase the locomotive’s tractive effort. From the mid-1960s through the 1980s, the SD-35 could be found in road service on both large and mid-sized roads across the US. Today the number of active units has dwindled to a select few, including those operated by regional railroad Montana Rail Link.
- Directional lighting
- Walkway safety tread
- Blackened metal wheels
- Scale speed™ motor
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Painted handrails
- Golden-white LEDs
- Atlas Master® Gold models feature ESU Loksound decoders
DCC Operation Features (GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY):
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- DCC includes RailCom and RailComPlus, with 14, 28 or 128 speed
steps and with 2-digit and 4-digit addressing.
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of 6 DCC function outputs are available, and all can be
function mapped (disable, brightness, light effects) individually
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
ESU LokSound Features (GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY):
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and
shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches,
bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are up to 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change
modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.