ATLAS 40003849 GP39-2 D&H Delaware & Hudson #7603 - LokSound & DCC - Master(R) Gold (SCALE=N) Part # 150-40003849
The GP39-2 was offered by EMD as a fuel-efficient alternative to their very popular GP38-2 model. This efficiency resulted from the use of a turbocharged 12-cylinder 645E3 diesel engine, as opposed to the non-turbocharged 16-cylinder prime mover in the GP38-2. The use of a turbocharger increased the horsepower output from 2,000 to 2,300hp with four fewer cylinders. One other benefit of the turbocharger is improved operation at higher altitudes where thin air causes normally-aspirated diesels to lose power and produce excess smoke. The largest original fleet of GP39-2s was assembled by the Santa Fe who, over the course of seven years, acquired a total of 106 units.
- Golden-white LEDs
- Painted safety rails
- Directional lighting
- Blackened metal wheels
- Scale Speed™ motor
- Factory-installed AccuMate® magnetic knuckle couplers
- Atlas Master® Gold version features ESU LokSound Decoder
- For the first time ever, the Atlas Master® Silver version is Sound Ready and equipped with speaker for easy conversion to DCC sound
DCC Operation Features GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY)
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- DCC includes RailCom and RailComPlus, with 14, 28 or 128 speed steps and with 2-digit and 4-digit addressing.
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of 6 DCC function outputs are available, and all can be function mapped (disable, brightness, light effects) individually
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
ESU LokSound Features (GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY):
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are up to 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.
- Equipped with ESU's Exclusive "Full Throttle" features for ultimate realism in prototype running.