Bachmann 68303 SIEMENS ALC-42 CHARGER - AMTRAK® #301 - "DAY 1" TCS WOW Sound HO Scale
Based on the highly successful SC-44 Charger, the ALC-42 is designed specifically for cross-country service on America’s most scenic and storied routes, displaying an updated appearance with a new nose profile and cab door configuration. Thanks to both Siemens and Amtrak®, Bachmann’s ALC-42 has been developed using original design documentation and employs prototype field recordings for maximum realism. Features include a TCS WOWSound® CD-quality 16-bit 44,100Hz decoder with Audio Assist® for easy configuration without CVs, and a Keep-Alive® device for uninterrupted operation, even over dirty track. The WOWSound® diesel-electric locomotive package includes an authentic horn, bell, prime mover, startup/shutdown, compressor, cooling fan, coupler close/release, brake release/application, crew alert, grade crossing quill, station announcements, and more.
- DCC sound-equipped for sound, speed, direction, and lighting control
- TCS true CD quality audio in 16-bit 44,100Hz sound
- Keep-Alive® device that keeps your engine running during power interruptions due to dirty track or loss of electrical contact
- voice-guided Audio Assist® programming tool for easy set-up of almost all decoder functionality
- dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
- directional headlights
- interior corridor work lights
- marker lights
- steady/alternate flashing ditch lights
- die-cast frame
- separately applied windshield wipers, grab irons and detail parts
- performs best on 22” radius curves or greater
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Seems to be a well built model. WOW sound is great, crisp and clear. look forward to getting others like it.
For starters, great packaging! Easy to unwrap and easy to repack for storage! The lighting and sound effects are out of this world! From my untrained eye, the details are seem spot on and scale like. I'm very pleased with this offering from Bachmann!