Digitrax NEW Version of ZEPHYR DCS52 made for United States / Zephyr Express Starter Set (Scale = ALL) Part # 245-ZEPE
Zephyr Express replaces the 245-ZEPX
Zephyr Express gives you simple to use Digitrax Complete Train Control for a great price. It offers simplified advanced train operation for any size layout and is fully expandable. You won’t have to start over when you want to do more with your railroad.
- 3.0 Amp LocoNet Command Station, Booster, and Throttle
- Color 2.4” LCD Display Screen
- Large Backlit Keypad
- Runs up to 20 loco addresses and throttles
- Control lights and sound with 29 functions (F0-F28)
- Integrated USB computer interface
- Simple to set-up with easy to read display
- 13.8 volt output for safe use in N and HO scales
- 2 Jump ports let you use DC power packs as additional DCC throttles
- Fully Expandable, LocoNet System
Zephyr Express Set Includes:
- DCS52 All-In-One Throttle/Command Station/Booster to run your layout
- PS314 Power supply to provide power to run your DCS52
- One LT1 LocoNet Cable & Decoder Test Kit
- Zephyr Express Quickstart Guide
- Zephyr Express Manual
- Digitrax Decoder Manual
Zephyr Express Offers:
- Cost effective entry level LocoNet Compatible system
- Color 2.4” LCD Screen.
- Large Backlit Keypad.
- Speed control knob and direction switch with brake.
- Integrated USB Computer Interface
- Easy 2 and 4 digit addressing.
- Smooth speed control.
Run multiple trains at once without blocking!
- Run up to 20 addresses at the same time on your system.
- Run up to 20 throttles at the same time on your system.
Jump Ports for using DC power packs as additional throttles
- Use one or two smooth DC power packs as throttles to control DCC equipped locomotives.
- Simple, cost effective way to add more throttles to your Zephyr Express set.
- Makes it easy to share the fun of DCC with layout visitors and young operators.
- Functions on locos controlled by Jump throttles remain active.
Over 9000 Locomotive Addresses
- Use Address 00 to run one or more locos without DCC decoders
- Two Digit Addressing is easy to use. (Address 01-127)
- Four Digit Addressing-use the number painted on your engines as its address.
3.0 Amps of Power to run multiple trains.
- Booster outputs 13V DC for safe operation in N and HO scales.
- Control lights and sound with 29 functions (F0-F28)
- Function 2 is a special non-latching key that can be used to sound the horn for as long as the key is held down.
- Constant brightness lighting. Headlights can be directional or independently controlled (depending on decoder).
Stationary Decoders, Turnout Control & Turnout Position Reporting
- Access to stationary decoder control for turnouts and other devices.
- Control 2000+ stationary decoder addresses.
- Universal consisting, Digitrax preferred method. ALL locos can be consisted, even analog locos.
- Advanced consisting, allows only advanced consist capable mobile decoders.
- Basic consisting, program decoders to run on same address.
- Built in read/write programmer that can read and write all CVs.
- Supports Direct programming (Digitrax preferred method). Also supports paged & register mode programming.
- Operations mode programming can be used to program decoders on the layout.
- Blast Mode Programming for Sound
Expandability with Digitrax LocoNet
- Use Zephyr Express as a starting point for your Digitrax LocoNet System, then add components.
- Use Zephyr Express as an expansion set with Digitrax equipment you already have installed.
- Add Radio or IR via LocoNet. Just plug-in a UR90, or UR92 receiver and add IR and/or Radio throttles.
Comes Complete with DCS52 Command Station, PS314 Power Supply, LT1 LocoNet Cable and Decoder Tester, System Reference Manual and Decoder Manual.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
58 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Just what the doctor ordered simple to use and easy to operate bad thing is even my wife understands how to use it now!
Just entering in the DCC world I was concerned about the costs involved to install a complete system with the flexibility to program all of the many functions involved with the latest decoders. DigiTrax has expanded this little panel to cover just about anything you will need to do in a small railroad. It even supports a PC connection running JMRI Decoder Pro. In my search I find that Yankee Dabbler also has the best price for the panel. Money well spent.
Once again Yankee Dabler has best price and fast delivery!
After returning to model railroading following a 20-year hiatus, I decided to go all in on DCC. I choose the Digitrax system after reading many reviews. I was literally up and running in ten minutes. Still learning some of the more advance features (e.g., MU) but so far it’s been well worth the change to DCC with the Digitrax system.
Reasonably intuitive setup and operation with the Quick Start manual if the locomotives work as expected. Full manual to support programming. Easier to understand with some background study of the concept of DCC.
I am new to railroading, but so far using this controller has been easy to setup and use.
I think this is an ideal entry level command station for DCC. I like the throttle control and brake lever. My local club uses Digitrax on their layout and I could not be happier with my purchase. Yankee Dabbler always has great prices and gets the orders shipped quickly. All of my orders have been shipped the same day, but your mileage may vary.
Haven’t been able to set it up yet but shipping was very speedy. It was delivered within a few days! Looking forward to using it. Thank you very much Yankee dabbler!
Still in the beginning of the learning curve for this system, but so far (when I bother to read the instructions) works well. I'm very satisfied with this system.