Digitrax NEW Version of ZEPHYR DCS52 made for United States / Zephyr Express Starter Set (Scale = ALL) Part # 245-ZEPE
Zephyr Express replaces the 245-ZEPX
Zephyr Express gives you simple to use Digitrax Complete Train Control for a great price. It offers simplified advanced train operation for any size layout and is fully expandable. You won’t have to start over when you want to do more with your railroad.
- 3.0 Amp LocoNet Command Station, Booster, and Throttle
- Color 2.4” LCD Display Screen
- Large Backlit Keypad
- Runs up to 20 loco addresses and throttles
- Control lights and sound with 29 functions (F0-F28)
- Integrated USB computer interface
- Simple to set-up with easy to read display
- 13.8 volt output for safe use in N and HO scales
- 2 Jump ports let you use DC power packs as additional DCC throttles
- Fully Expandable, LocoNet System
Zephyr Express Set Includes:
- DCS52 All-In-One Throttle/Command Station/Booster to run your layout
- PS314 Power supply to provide power to run your DCS52
- One LT1 LocoNet Cable & Decoder Test Kit
- Zephyr Express Quickstart Guide
- Zephyr Express Manual
- Digitrax Decoder Manual
Zephyr Express Offers:
- Cost effective entry level LocoNet Compatible system
- Color 2.4” LCD Screen.
- Large Backlit Keypad.
- Speed control knob and direction switch with brake.
- Integrated USB Computer Interface
- Easy 2 and 4 digit addressing.
- Smooth speed control.
Run multiple trains at once without blocking!
- Run up to 20 addresses at the same time on your system.
- Run up to 20 throttles at the same time on your system.
Jump Ports for using DC power packs as additional throttles
- Use one or two smooth DC power packs as throttles to control DCC equipped locomotives.
- Simple, cost effective way to add more throttles to your Zephyr Express set.
- Makes it easy to share the fun of DCC with layout visitors and young operators.
- Functions on locos controlled by Jump throttles remain active.
Over 9000 Locomotive Addresses
- Use Address 00 to run one or more locos without DCC decoders
- Two Digit Addressing is easy to use. (Address 01-127)
- Four Digit Addressing-use the number painted on your engines as its address.
3.0 Amps of Power to run multiple trains.
- Booster outputs 13V DC for safe operation in N and HO scales.
- Control lights and sound with 29 functions (F0-F28)
- Function 2 is a special non-latching key that can be used to sound the horn for as long as the key is held down.
- Constant brightness lighting. Headlights can be directional or independently controlled (depending on decoder).
Stationary Decoders, Turnout Control & Turnout Position Reporting
- Access to stationary decoder control for turnouts and other devices.
- Control 2000+ stationary decoder addresses.
- Universal consisting, Digitrax preferred method. ALL locos can be consisted, even analog locos.
- Advanced consisting, allows only advanced consist capable mobile decoders.
- Basic consisting, program decoders to run on same address.
- Built in read/write programmer that can read and write all CVs.
- Supports Direct programming (Digitrax preferred method). Also supports paged & register mode programming.
- Operations mode programming can be used to program decoders on the layout.
- Blast Mode Programming for Sound
Expandability with Digitrax LocoNet
- Use Zephyr Express as a starting point for your Digitrax LocoNet System, then add components.
- Use Zephyr Express as an expansion set with Digitrax equipment you already have installed.
- Add Radio or IR via LocoNet. Just plug-in a UR90, or UR92 receiver and add IR and/or Radio throttles.
Comes Complete with DCS52 Command Station, PS314 Power Supply, LT1 LocoNet Cable and Decoder Tester, System Reference Manual and Decoder Manual.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
24 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great product, Functions as advertised. Highly recommended!
There are many $50 DCC systems for cheap train sets, and many more $400+ DCC systems for ginormous club layouts, but this is the only middleweight, and is also a very solid one at that. I love the new digital interface, as it could not be clearer what you're programming. Other DCC systems should be like this.
Was somewhat disappointed that it was so much harder to see what to do than the 51 which has all the buttons labeled. I am figuring it out more by pushing buttons and finding out what happens than reading the book, which I find somewhat confusing. Glad I got it.
Converting from DC to DCC was easy thanks to the Zephyr Express Starter Set. The menus are intuitive and I like the large display. I also like the fact that as I expand my layout I won't have to replace my controller just add upgrades.
Clipped my wires on my dc layout. Fed them into this unit...done!! I'm dcc and loving it. Easiest entry level with loads of options including using my dc power pack as a 2nd throttle control thru the dcc unit.
I've only had it for a few days but using it with my new DCC Locomotive makes for a more realistic experience, not just for the sound but also for the speed control.
So, far I am pleased with the product. Everything is right there for you to view and manage. Now, I need to add the DCS-51 to it as a booster
I did my research, narrowed it down to NCE and Digitrax. I chose Digitrax over NCE starter set because it has built in USB connection allowing me to use JMRI to program my decoders with ease. I would recommend this for hobbyist just starting DCC.
One draw back is lack of power off button/function for unit. You would need to unplug or power off via power strip. Minor in grand scheme of things.
Spent a couple of hours exploring witch DCC starter set to purchase. I made the right purchase of the Digitrax zephyr express.