Digitrax NEW Version of ZEPHYR DCS52 made for United States / Zephyr Express Starter Set (Scale = ALL) Part # 245-ZEPE
Zephyr Express replaces the 245-ZEPX
Zephyr Express gives you simple to use Digitrax Complete Train Control for a great price. It offers simplified advanced train operation for any size layout and is fully expandable. You won’t have to start over when you want to do more with your railroad.
- 3.0 Amp LocoNet Command Station, Booster, and Throttle
- Color 2.4” LCD Display Screen
- Large Backlit Keypad
- Runs up to 20 loco addresses and throttles
- Control lights and sound with 29 functions (F0-F28)
- Integrated USB computer interface
- Simple to set-up with easy to read display
- 13.8 volt output for safe use in N and HO scales
- 2 Jump ports let you use DC power packs as additional DCC throttles
- Fully Expandable, LocoNet System
Zephyr Express Set Includes:
- DCS52 All-In-One Throttle/Command Station/Booster to run your layout
- PS314 Power supply to provide power to run your DCS52
- One LT1 LocoNet Cable & Decoder Test Kit
- Zephyr Express Quickstart Guide
- Zephyr Express Manual
- Digitrax Decoder Manual
Zephyr Express Offers:
- Cost effective entry level LocoNet Compatible system
- Color 2.4” LCD Screen.
- Large Backlit Keypad.
- Speed control knob and direction switch with brake.
- Integrated USB Computer Interface
- Easy 2 and 4 digit addressing.
- Smooth speed control.
Run multiple trains at once without blocking!
- Run up to 20 addresses at the same time on your system.
- Run up to 20 throttles at the same time on your system.
Jump Ports for using DC power packs as additional throttles
- Use one or two smooth DC power packs as throttles to control DCC equipped locomotives.
- Simple, cost effective way to add more throttles to your Zephyr Express set.
- Makes it easy to share the fun of DCC with layout visitors and young operators.
- Functions on locos controlled by Jump throttles remain active.
Over 9000 Locomotive Addresses
- Use Address 00 to run one or more locos without DCC decoders
- Two Digit Addressing is easy to use. (Address 01-127)
- Four Digit Addressing-use the number painted on your engines as its address.
3.0 Amps of Power to run multiple trains.
- Booster outputs 13V DC for safe operation in N and HO scales.
- Control lights and sound with 29 functions (F0-F28)
- Function 2 is a special non-latching key that can be used to sound the horn for as long as the key is held down.
- Constant brightness lighting. Headlights can be directional or independently controlled (depending on decoder).
Stationary Decoders, Turnout Control & Turnout Position Reporting
- Access to stationary decoder control for turnouts and other devices.
- Control 2000+ stationary decoder addresses.
- Universal consisting, Digitrax preferred method. ALL locos can be consisted, even analog locos.
- Advanced consisting, allows only advanced consist capable mobile decoders.
- Basic consisting, program decoders to run on same address.
- Built in read/write programmer that can read and write all CVs.
- Supports Direct programming (Digitrax preferred method). Also supports paged & register mode programming.
- Operations mode programming can be used to program decoders on the layout.
- Blast Mode Programming for Sound
Expandability with Digitrax LocoNet
- Use Zephyr Express as a starting point for your Digitrax LocoNet System, then add components.
- Use Zephyr Express as an expansion set with Digitrax equipment you already have installed.
- Add Radio or IR via LocoNet. Just plug-in a UR90, or UR92 receiver and add IR and/or Radio throttles.
Comes Complete with DCS52 Command Station, PS314 Power Supply, LT1 LocoNet Cable and Decoder Tester, System Reference Manual and Decoder Manual.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Perfect starter set for DCC for a model railroad. It took longer to open the box than to attach 2 wires to the unit and plug it in to the wall. Entered the address for one of my locos and I was running my train digitally. Very cool. Needs mounting lugs or holes to attach to my table as it may not survive falling on the concrete floor. Next step is to add the WiFi unit so I can use my phone as a second controller.
After searching for a new DCC controll,er, it was between the Digitrax and the power cab. After reading countless reviews and YouTube videos, I choosed the Digitrax, and I'm glad I did. First of all, let me thank YankeeDabbler for the best and lowest price for this item and also for the very fast and free shipping for the item. Well let's review this item. It is very easy to use. You can use any DCC train out of the box. Even my 5 year old grandson was using the controller. To program your train to take full advantage of your DCC train takes less than 2 minutes to set up. I'm not computer savvy and I found it easy to use and set up. Highly recommend this product.
Hi actually have both versions, the DCS51 and the 52. The 52 is much easier to use, the interactive menu is very easy to use.
email@example.com got the unit to work finally by performing a reset
I have used this to power several engines (mostly Steam) and it works as advertised. It meets or exceeds all expectations!
Great product with improved features.
Very easy to work with. Good documentation. The USB port for connection to a computer with JMRI makes this product stand out in the field.