Digitrax NEW Version of ZEPHYR DCS52 made for United States / Zephyr Express Starter Set (Scale = ALL) Part # 245-ZEPE
Zephyr Express replaces the 245-ZEPX
Zephyr Express gives you simple to use Digitrax Complete Train Control for a great price. It offers simplified advanced train operation for any size layout and is fully expandable. You won’t have to start over when you want to do more with your railroad.
- 3.0 Amp LocoNet Command Station, Booster, and Throttle
- Color 2.4” LCD Display Screen
- Large Backlit Keypad
- Runs up to 20 loco addresses and throttles
- Control lights and sound with 29 functions (F0-F28)
- Integrated USB computer interface
- Simple to set-up with easy to read display
- 13.8 volt output for safe use in N and HO scales
- 2 Jump ports let you use DC power packs as additional DCC throttles
- Fully Expandable, LocoNet System
Zephyr Express Set Includes:
- DCS52 All-In-One Throttle/Command Station/Booster to run your layout
- PS314 Power supply to provide power to run your DCS52
- One LT1 LocoNet Cable & Decoder Test Kit
- Zephyr Express Quickstart Guide
- Zephyr Express Manual
- Digitrax Decoder Manual
Zephyr Express Offers:
- Cost effective entry level LocoNet Compatible system
- Color 2.4” LCD Screen.
- Large Backlit Keypad.
- Speed control knob and direction switch with brake.
- Integrated USB Computer Interface
- Easy 2 and 4 digit addressing.
- Smooth speed control.
Run multiple trains at once without blocking!
- Run up to 20 addresses at the same time on your system.
- Run up to 20 throttles at the same time on your system.
Jump Ports for using DC power packs as additional throttles
- Use one or two smooth DC power packs as throttles to control DCC equipped locomotives.
- Simple, cost effective way to add more throttles to your Zephyr Express set.
- Makes it easy to share the fun of DCC with layout visitors and young operators.
- Functions on locos controlled by Jump throttles remain active.
Over 9000 Locomotive Addresses
- Use Address 00 to run one or more locos without DCC decoders
- Two Digit Addressing is easy to use. (Address 01-127)
- Four Digit Addressing-use the number painted on your engines as its address.
3.0 Amps of Power to run multiple trains.
- Booster outputs 13V DC for safe operation in N and HO scales.
- Control lights and sound with 29 functions (F0-F28)
- Function 2 is a special non-latching key that can be used to sound the horn for as long as the key is held down.
- Constant brightness lighting. Headlights can be directional or independently controlled (depending on decoder).
Stationary Decoders, Turnout Control & Turnout Position Reporting
- Access to stationary decoder control for turnouts and other devices.
- Control 2000+ stationary decoder addresses.
- Universal consisting, Digitrax preferred method. ALL locos can be consisted, even analog locos.
- Advanced consisting, allows only advanced consist capable mobile decoders.
- Basic consisting, program decoders to run on same address.
- Built in read/write programmer that can read and write all CVs.
- Supports Direct programming (Digitrax preferred method). Also supports paged & register mode programming.
- Operations mode programming can be used to program decoders on the layout.
- Blast Mode Programming for Sound
Expandability with Digitrax LocoNet
- Use Zephyr Express as a starting point for your Digitrax LocoNet System, then add components.
- Use Zephyr Express as an expansion set with Digitrax equipment you already have installed.
- Add Radio or IR via LocoNet. Just plug-in a UR90, or UR92 receiver and add IR and/or Radio throttles.
Comes Complete with DCS52 Command Station, PS314 Power Supply, LT1 LocoNet Cable and Decoder Tester, System Reference Manual and Decoder Manual.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
39 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Excellent,easy to use
I haven,t finished my n scale layout yet. I really like the Zephyr dcs52 because you can use it for several things. I really like it because so smale and light. It looks like it will fit in my small layout very nice. Vavel Wright
As my first venture into the world of DCC, I am pleased with how easy it was to get up and running with this system. Also very happy with Yankee Dabbler's quick delivery.
Got the Starter Set to move to DCC and take advantage of some new locomotives. Nice, simple and easy-to-use out-of-the-box.
This is a wonderful addition to my trian experience. It is my first venture into the DCC world. It was simple and easy to setup and get started and adds so much more enjoyment to my layout. I'm looking forward to all this product will bring since it looks like it is quite expandable for options that it will run.
just got it the other day and still reading the manual . so far i am very pleased with it
Works great so far. I am still learning what this can do. It will run my old dc locomotives while I convert them to DC. The ones I have converted run great.
As this is my 1st attempt at DCC, I’m not sure how this product compares to other DCC controllers but for me this controller was easy to set up as the manual is very well written for a beginner. I really like how easy it was to hook up my main bus wires and away I went running trains. I borrowed 2 locomotives and was told I could change their road numbers and within a few minutes I was running both engines. From my brief experience, I would definitely recommend this controller.
I have not set this up yet, all the reviews are positive. My layout is n-scale on a 4x8, controller is for trains only. I have separate power for all other accessories.