TCS Train Control Systems / UWT-100 Universal WiFi Throttle (SCALE=ANY) Part # 745-UWT-100
You can leave the cords, dongles, and IR controls at home - this system is run completely over WiFi, keeping you mobile and focused on the job at hand. Designed for ambidextrous operation, the throttle features an ergonomic scroll wheel and intuitive printed-on function keys for easy heads-up operation, alongside a huge, backlit, and transflective LCD screen that displays relevant information in an easy-to-understand way. Full-text, human-readable menus and manual text entry put a new level of customization and configuration at your fingertips without the need for difficult technical manuals or complex button combinations. Eight programmable soft keys make accessing your necessary functions easier than ever. Two AA batteries power the throttle for many days of heavy use, and the calibrated battery level display guarantees you won’t be caught unprepared.
Take a look at this list of features:
- Lightning-fast startup powers on and connects in seconds!
- All throttles update and respond in real time to one another and locomotives on your layout
- Unparalleled attention to detail in ergonomics and comfort
- WiFi communication leaves line-of-sight and cord length limits behind. WiFi also can be expanded to provide superior range over other radio devices.
- Field-updatable software allows you to always keep your device up to date with the latest improvements and features!
- Up to 8 re-programmable buttons for easy access and function recognition.
- A "function map" view can be configured or synchronized with your JMRI roster to display all the functions of any decoder for easy reference and programming.
- A robust locomotive recall list displays user-customized roster names. It can even sync with your JMRI roster!
- Change connection modes to utilize different communication protocols at the touch of a button
- Built-in, bright, sunny white LED flashlight provides convenient lighting without eye strain whenever you need it
- Unprecedented portability and versatility
UWT-100 Universal WiFi Throttle
TCS has been on quite the adventure over the last 20 years. Decoders have always been our specialty, especially HO-scale WOWSound, but we don't want to "get comfortable" and stay on the path we've always traveled. As we've continued to innovate in this space and make improvements to our high-quality decoders, an increasing number of customers have expressed their concern and frustration about the lack of new technology from DCC systems and throttle producers. We've even endured the occasional earful about "how I would do things differently if I could make the decisions." After years of research and development, of creative collaboration, of identifying the good and replacing the bad - we're proud to announce that we've finally developed our own handheld throttle device that is quite unlike any other before it.
Every detail of this handheld has been rigorously researched and thoroughly tested. Soft, smooth buttons are laid out in an intuitive way to promote heads-up, eyes-free locomotive operation. Buttons also operate silently and showcase easily-recognizable printed symbols. 8 of the buttons are programmable and be assigned any function. The large, brightly backlit, and transflective LCD screen displays menu options in "plain English" and at a large font size for easy reading.