Digitrax / Mobile Decoder 2-Function (Scale = ALL) Part # 245-DZ123
Digitrax LocoMotion® System
Your locomotives look like the real thing. The Digitrax LocoMotion® System makes them run like the real thing, too!
- Torque Compensation for smooth as silk silent operation.
- 128 Speed Step operation (14 or 28 steps can also be used).
- Momentum with acceleration and deceleration.
- Normal Direction of Travel is user selectable.
- Switching Speed feature for easier and faster access to yard speeds.
- 3 Step Speed Tables set start, mid and max voltage for custom control.
- 28 Step Speed Tables with 256 level resolution for precise control.
- SuperSonic™ motor drive for silent operation.
- FX3 Function outputs for prototypical lighting effects and on/off control.
- Constant Brightness Lighting with directional or independent control.
- Realistic Effects like Ditch lights, Mars lights, strobes, and many more.
- FX3 & Standard Function Qualifiers operate functions based on direction,
F0 on or off, direction and F0, and whether loco is moving.
- Function Remapping for custom function setup.
- Master Light Switch turns off all lights & functions with one keystroke.
- Decoder Lock equipped.
- Transponder equipped ready for transponding on your layout.
- All Mode Programming with Operations Mode Read Back reads back CV values right on the mainline.
- Decoder Reset CV with or without speed table reset.
- Motor Isolation Protection prevents damage to your decoder.
- Basic, Advanced & UniVersal Consisting
- 2 Digit and 4 Digit Addressing.
- Works with most DCC-ready Z, N, and HO scale locomotives up to 18V track voltage. UP6Z can be used to drop track voltage.
- DCC Compatible
- FCC Part 15, Class B RFI complian
Note: DZ123 does not have Scaleable Speed Stabilization (Back EMF)
11 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Mk lentz sent me to you, great service
I converted my old Life Like Locos to DCC with this Decoder. Only 2 step but worth the cost. Very intricate soldering but worth the time to go to DCC
I used this on my older N gauge locomotives. Instructions are good and easy to follow.
Quick delivery and well packaged.
Great Job ,Bob extra thanks for your help on getting the order out.. Thanks
Nice, small decoder. Using these on Spectrum switchers with dual motors (no room for sound anyway). Plenty of room and work great.
Good budget decoder. They work well as deigned. Yankee Dabbler is a world class hobby store. Excellent customer service!
Okay decoder, for small area in the engine. I also used them with driving end cars, to have them change the lights depending on direction of travel. I tried TF4's but you have to switch the functions. And if the engine has sound, it easier with a DZ123. I did that with my KATO Hayabusa (Bullet Train) I used them on both ends, since the mid cars are were the motors are. But that is another story. FYI Digtrax also have great customer service. I had couple of decoders went bad on me, and they fixed the issue.
These are great little decoders. YD makes it easy to upgrade my old fleet to dcc with their excellent decoder prices and fast shipping. Thanks YankeeDabbler !