Athearn Roundhouse RND1138 50' Plug Door Smooth Side Box, D&RGW Denver & Rio Grande Western #60937 HO Scale. Picture may show a different road number.
- Fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Cars feature standard or cushioned underframe per prototype
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Separately applied roof walk and brake wheel
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Weighted for trouble-free operation
- 33” machined metal wheels with RP25 contours
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 18”
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
Pullman Standard introduced the all steel PS-1 box car in several diffent sizes including 40’, 50’ and 60’ lengths. Multiple door configurations and styles made these box cars very flexible. Pullman Standard had their own signature details, such as rolled non-terminating ends, and bow-tie stamped metal roofs. These were signature elements that identified the PS-1 among the other freight car builders of the time.
- McHenry Scale Knuckle